Monday, June 1, 2009

Ah, yes.

After a few days, I got back at it. Another stop at Motorwest and I returned armed with a new clutch cable. This was a really simple job, easiest yet.  Barrel fitting at each end, and an easy adjusting screw, and it was all good! Adjusted the front brake a little, tightened up all the nuts and bolts, and affixed two new tank emblems....looking good...but...

No matter where I looked, I couldn't find the little pivot pin that attaches the clutch lever to the handlebars. Luckily, Matt was pulling a saturday over at Motorwest, and I got the part. While I was there, I also got to see the insides of Matt's Puch 175 racing machine, not bad inspiration at all. 

All together, and back on the road. I was tooling around the neighborhood...all through the gears, tapping into the twingle's powerband nicely. Just floating along, then...brrrp brrrrrrrp puff. No more. Just crapped out. What could it be?

I kicked, kicked, sweated, kicked, talked to the bike, kicked...nothing. What could be wrong?

Out of gas. Ah, yes...the details. 

Next day, back with gas and a hankering to put the BMW plate on the bike and roll. Gas in, some more oil. Kick - nothing. Kick - nothing. Adjust the choke - nothing, New plug - nothing...etc, etc, etc. No spark, at the headlight wasn't coming on, either. 

Every damn time I get a bike, it needs a new battery. I end up frying them, ruining them, running them dead. Why should this be any different?

So, today, a lunchtime trip to M.West, new battery, afternoon of charging...

One, kick, and...life. All there, lights a twinkin'....I was in such a good mood I could even afford the torture of working on the Range Rover, which now has a newly tightened and leak free exhaust, and a new fuel filter. 

Tomorrow: DMV. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment