Monday, February 8, 2010

Strip it!

Been stripping the bodywork for the last week. Spray, scrape. Spray, scrape. Whatever they coated these thing with in Austria in the last 60's is a stoic and stubborn blend. I shall not be conquered.

Want to take it down to bare metal to address some of the surface rust. It's worse where the knee pads met metal, but nothing near fatal.

Also spent a lot of time meditating on the pipes. I have an idea, which might finally set the tone for where the rest of the bike it going. It will be a different, unique look foy! the Puch, but I think she'll be happy!

2 comments:

  1. bring that stuff over and we'll blast it, if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I get for posting, then not checking comments!

    I paid the price with this one. Big old grinder laceration on my stomach (now healed)...

    ReplyDelete