Monday, August 31, 2009

What a day...

So, I haven't posted in a while. My life has played out in a series of truly boombastic errors and calm, smoldering victories. In sum, here they are:

Errors:

Purchase and follied restoration of a BMW 535i. Sold last week. Good lesson, financial loser.
Packed new car too tight, shattered rare rear window. Big Loss, but convenient for moving large things that now stick out the window-hole, where the glass should be.
Forgot crucial light fixture parts at ikea, for the second time in a month. Just sucks

Not an error, but sucks: BMW started today - had to call Matt to see if the megagallons of white smoke pouring out of the crash-side cylinder were normal. He assured me that it was routine, and that they "smoke like banshees" after they spend on the sides. No engine damage, bit the tank and headlight shell are dented, valve cover is chewed up, and turn signal is busted off. Good work ahead.

My cat, Rudy, has some funky brown shit in his eye, might have to go to the vet. Ugh.

Victories:

Now a homewoner - bought a nice duplex bungalow with my mother in bayview. Good move, but the last 10 days of moving myself, and mama out of her dirty lair have been a bit much. My girl, Sonja, has an uncanny talent for packing, unpacking, organizing, junk removal, and taskmistressing.

Got a 1990 Mercedes Benz 300te Wagon with tons of miles. Needs work, but already the best car I've had. I can really really fit in at my cousin's shop, Black Forest. Plus, a whole new marques' worth of t-shirts and ephemera to buy.

Got some used Milwaukee power tools - all worth it.

Have a nice kitchen, finally. Pics to come soon.

Have a nice garage, pics to come soon.

Puch still runs, and soon, there will be time to mess with it!

Cheers, all...More moto content on the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment