Tuesday, May 25, 2010

One Thosand Years Later...

Not a weekend's past since my last post when I didn't intend to work on the Puch.

In the last two, I finally got to it. I restored a bicycle, bought a couple of cars (selling one, more on that later), and got caught up in all manner of other foolishness and projects. With my new June 11th Road America Puch Rally deadline fast approaching, I knew is was time for business.

The wheels are off. Swingarm off. Some additional sheet metal off. Started addressing rust, cleaning parts, and preparing for light modifications, which will unfold here soon. The main tin is painted and looks great - rubber knee pads are a treat, all the way from Austria...

Here are some shots of the Puch as she sits now:

There's a lot of sanding, scrubbing, painting, and retouching to come. There will be a few light mods, and a long few nights of assembly.

My goal by memorial day is treating the frame, tool and battery box cover, the swingarm rust, painting the cylinder and pipes, and getting the wheels blasted and prepped for powdercoat.

1 comment: